The Student Navigator Network (SNN) is a 1:1 online student referral service that connects university students with resources and helps them apply for public benefits.
If you are a student in need of assistance, fill out the form below today.
Welcome to the [email protected], a portal for UW-Madison college students. When you apply below, a case manager will reach out to you to help you find emergency financial aid, apply for public benefits, and connect with local resources. Please note: this is not an application for cash grants from Rise. We look forward to helping you!
*If the form is not working for you, please email [email protected]*
For immediate COVID-19 resources, please click here.
Student Navigator Network (SNN) at WISCO FAQs
1. What does the SNN do?
The purpose of this SNN is to connect college students at UW-Madison to government, school, and community-based resources in order to address financial and basic needs insecurity, mental health, and overall well-being. Basic needs insecurity includes food insecurity, housing insecurity, and homelessness
Our Student Navigators can help students impacted by COVID-19 by:
- Determining eligibility for public benefits such as Unemployment Insurance, Pandemic Unemployment Assistance, Medi-Cal, and CalFresh
- Guiding students through application processes for public benefits
- Helping students secure emergency funding, grants, aid, and assistance and appeal financial aid packages
- Connecting students to community resources including food pantries, shelters, mutual aid organizations, mental health and health care providers, transportation assistance, and industry-specific emergency grants
- Providing information about local, state, and federal policies or programs including eviction moratoriums, Wifi and low-cost computers, bill-paying assistance, stimulus payments, and student loan forgiveness
- Providing emotional support
2. Who does the SNN serve?
College students in higher education attending the University of Wisconsin at Madison.
3. Who’s behind the SNN @ WISCO?
The Student Navigator Network at Wisconsin is part of Rise, a non-profit that addresses barriers to college attendance, persistence, and graduation. These barriers include basic needs insecurity as well as lack of college affordability.